MYOB EXO Business - News and Annual Licence Fee increase notice (December 2018)
As 2018 draws to a close, MYOB has notified us of their planned ALF price increase and also published a summary of EXO enhancements from 2018 and a preview of what’s coming in 2019 – see below.
What MYOB Exo Business has we delivered over the past twelve months?
- Improved system usability including a new Memo type for Extra fields, and improved captioning for Custom Buttons, easier Tax Return Key Point Selection and better handling of unallocated credits in the Creditors Payment Processor.
- Enhanced reporting functionality, to give you the data you need when you need it.
- Redeveloped the Stock Movement feature, providing you with the ability to import stock movements into the system in bulk to improve the experience and allow much more flexibility.
- Added advanced data encryption, which better protects sensitive data where databases may not be contained in clients on-premise secure environment.
- Added the ability to send emails from activities, a configurable dashboard tab for Serviceable Units and workflow improvements to the bank reconciliation process.
- Updated the underlying database technology including support for the latest database connectors and the removal of references to any remaining older techniques that may be unsupported in the future. This has improved performance and removed reliance on any older technologies, setting Exo Business up well for the future in terms of the evolution of database platforms.
- A vast number of significant enhancements and updates have been delivered over the past 12 months to give you the best usability experience and valuable tools to conduct your business.
For a full list of changes, view release notes and release videos please visit: http://help.myob.com/exo
Note that Exo version 2018.5 was released 18/12/2018. This was a maintenance release that addresses a number of popular issues. If you wish to upgrade to this version in the new year then please contact us to schedule.
For historical version summaries please visit: http://help.myob.com.au/exo/exowhatsnew
What’s coming to MYOB Exo over the next 12 months?
- Upgrading of all toolsets to enable us to deliver tight integration with Microsoft’s products
- Bank feed enhancements – including splitting a single bank-feed transaction into multiple transactions
- Improvements in recurring General Ledger transactions
- Enhancements to GL Posting Automation including improved handling for GL Auto reversals
- Enriched Creditor Payment Processor which will better support payment via BPay
- Continued developments to foreign currency
MYOB will increase Annual Licence fees from March 2019
Following their annual review, MYOB will increase the Annual Licence Fee (ALF) in both AU & NZ.
This applies to all modules in the MYOB Exo product suite.
The ALF allows clients to continue to use MYOB Exo Business software and documentation and is due before the annual anniversary of the Start Date (date of first use of the product).
From 1st March 2019, MYOB is increasing ALF by 3%, in recognition of the additional value provided to clients in 2018.
There will be no increase in initial licence prices in NZ in 2019.
The initial licence fee is the one-time pricing applicable to adding extra concurrent seats and/or seats for modules not yet purchased by the MYOB client.